Well, it’s the second day of January and I’m super excited. My theme this year is small changes give great results. 💡 I had tried in past years to do this or do that and only failing. I decided that changing something small in life can, with time, make a huge difference. It sure beats failing and failing again at something I never follow through with.
Here are some of my small changes and I hope you are inspired by them too! I know I’ll be adding to the list, but here’s a start!
1. Clean less, live more! (I refuse to be a slave to this house! There will always be something that needs to be cleaned, it can wait.)
2. Take time to invest in a hobby.
3. Realize you can take small steps doing something you want instead of thinking it will take you forever and then you never start it.
4. Be more active with my daily calendar. (Remember friend’s birthdays hapybirthday , special events, etc. and send snail cards.)
5. Tell a loved one each day just how much they mean to me.
6. Share my knowledge with others (make time) I have so many friends that always call on me for puter help, I need to nurture that ability and share it.
7. Eat less (I am doing this, not worrying about exactly what, but how much. It’s amazing how much you realize you were eating in one day.
8. Exercise 3 times a week. (Nothing huge, small steps! Consistency! And stress relief for my heart)
9. Take more time preparing my devotions for my classroom. :coffee:
10. Practice Patience. (I always thought I was patient and then the Lord shows me an area I’m not.)
11. Hug my kids more! (They are growing up fast)
12. Learn new recipes, cook more. (Kindof hard when your husband loves to cook!)
13. Curb my spending. (I’m not much of one to spend frivolously, but I want to be more mindful of every dime I spend on things.)
14. I want to practice doing laundry more often. (I tend to leave it until the weekend, would like to take a moment and do one load, just one load when I have time during the week.)
15. Pray more! (I am the type of person to pray through-out the day, but I’d like to take more time to pray WITH my friends and keep my prayer list up to date.)
16. Redo the downstairs bathroom. (Paint, towels, etc.)
17. Paint/redo the family room.
18. Put up a dining room light.
The last few are mainly about my house. I take that in stride so that as money becomes available, we do the project. Our house will always be an ongoing project. 😀
Have a wonderful day everyone! Best wishes to those of you with similiar resolutions, or for me changes!